Reporting to the Foreman or Supervisor, Operations & Maintenance, this position will appeal to an experienced residential landscaper looking to spread his or her wings by taking more responsibility on a residential landscape construction site. Working as part of a team, this position includes landscape construction duties as well as site management including material and time record keeping.
The ability to provide leadership and direction on the job site are important to this position. Successful applicants will demonstrate a professional work ethic and be able to positively relate to and motivate co-workers. Experience in modular block, paving stone, irrigation and plant installation is an asset.
- A valid driver’s license and own transportation to job site, as well an acceptable driver’s abstract is required.
- Ability to perform physically demanding work including but not limited to shovelling, laying sod, pushing wheel barrows, lifting awkward and heavy objects, etc. and a willingness to work outside in Calgary’s summer weather are key to the position.
- Appreciation for team dynamics and the ability to lead and direct a small group is critical.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience with small landscaping tool/equipment is an asset.
- Plant knowledge and care is an asset.
- Experience operating a skid steer is desirable.
- Positions will start in April/May.
- A work week that respects your personal time, normal hours of work are from 8am – 5pm Monday thru Friday and 9 to 1 on Saturdays. Statutory holidays are observed.
- Overtime is compensated by way of an overtime agreement.
- Wage based on experience & skills (from $17/hr)
- Electronic fund transfer to your bank account every two weeks.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org