This opportunity will appeal to an experienced landscaper who wants the opportunity to move forward in the field and demonstrate that he or she can manage a crew and projects effectively.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Operations & Maintenance this position will involve leading a crew in the independent maintenance of a number of large and prestigious residential properties and managing small construction projects as required in the Calgary area. A demonstrated knowledge of plant ID and plant care is required. Small projects may include the replacement plants, trees and shrubs, planting of annuals, patio and other hard landscape repairs, sod repair and irrigation modifications, etc.
Successful applicants will demonstrate a professional attitude, strong leadership skills, be goal orientated and have an attention to detail.
- Accurate record keeping of materials, time and labour is essential.
- A company vehicle is provided, the ability to drive a standard transmission and a clean driver’s abstract is necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge of plant id and plant care.
- An appreciation for team dynamics and the ability to lead and direct a small group is critical.
- Mechanical aptitude for small landscaping equipment, maintenance and repair.
- Positions will start in April/May.
- A work week that respects your personal time, normal hours of work are from 8 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday and 9 am to 1 pm on Saturdays. Statutory holidays are observed.
- Overtime is compensated by way of an overtime agreement.
- Wage based on experience & skills. (From $17/hr).
- Electronic fund transfer to your bank account every two weeks.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org